Monday 27 November 2017

Blogging so far, 77 days in...

I came up with an arbitrary target of 12,000 page views for year one, a nice round figure of 1000 per month, which breaks down to 33 views per day. 


66 days into the project, I have posted 25 blogs, 8 of them have been viewed around 30 times, 5 were viewed more than 100 times with remaining distribution at the 20’s 50’s, 60’s & 70’s so a wide distribution pattern.

The top 3 blogs are:

(130) Copy right or Wrong Thing 3 – 21st September
(128) Stranger Things 2 review – 6th November
(118) Al Porter thoughts – 23rd November

I don’t know why the first one has done so well.  The other 2 have been shared across social media platforms and are also very current so that is why they are doing well.


The bottom 3 blogs are:

(27) Be Aware LGBT – 23rd October
(28) Networking Tools (Thing 10) – 16th November
(30) IT – I love remakes review – 26th Sept.  

As soon as I was finished the first one, I knew it was no good but still posted it as a reminder to myself how not properly preparing my information results in rubbish.  I learnt by my mistakes and redid Thing 8 on 31st October (King is King).  When the Rudai23 course is finished I will probably delete this post.

I don’t know why the networking tools post hasn’t done well and will have to look into this a little more.  I am going to share the blog on my review of IT this week as I think this is a fairly good blog and should have been viewed a little more by now.

Overall, I’m happy with how my blog has gone although by now, 77 days into blogging (on 27th November 2017) my target was 2541 page views and I have reached 2074.  So, a bit more work is needed.  I need to work on sharing my blog across platforms a little more but ultimately write about current issues.  

Toodles for now.  I give my own work a 6 out of 10 planets






John "The Captain" Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swimming in the Dark by Tomasz Jedrowski (book review)

A fantastic debut novel with beautiful intimite writing that will completely envelop you ... source Tomasz Jedrowski takes an inte...