Friday 22 December 2017

First 100 days of blogging.

It’s been a blast; I’ve smashed my target and am over the moon.  With over 5,000 page views in the first 100 days now the real work starts.




I did a mini review after 77 days (HERE)  just to see where I was going and was short on my target of 1,000 views per month.  I used this retrospective to see what worked, what didn’t and to figure out where to go from there.

I quickly realised that I needed to work a lot more on 2 main ingredients, content and marketing.  So, I wrote about what I knew (mainly Scrabble) and shared my blog across Facebook and twitter.  I’m linked with many  Scrabble groups and clubs around the World so sharing my Scrabble blogs proved very successful.  The top 5 posts are all about Scrabble:

422 views – Summary of Scrabble Blogs - HERE 

274 – Introducing Scrabble at your library - HERE 

271 views – Scrabble & Literacy - HERE

265 views – A Dog is For Life - HERE 

207 views – Alternative Scrabble - HERE 

This is a huge difference as my previous top 3 blogs ranged from 130 to 118 views.

I noted that my Stephen King/IT blog (HERE) didn’t do as well as I though it should have so I planned on promoting it again on social media.  The blog was previously at 30 views and after sharing it’s now at 109 so that’s cool.  In fact I just watched the remake again last night.  We all float down here Georgie...

To get down to the nitty gritty, my target was 1,000 views per month which equates to 33 per day so after the first 100 days my target was 3,300.  I’ve just tipped over 5,000 views now so all I can say is thank you everyone for reading and sharing my blogs.

(screen print taken on 21.12.2017)


So, for the next 100 days, until 31st March 2018 I’m setting myself the following targets:

  1. 5,000 additional page views. 
  2. Write at least 4 posts per week with at least one post per week getting over 250 views (i.e. great content). 
  3. Work on getting followers.
  4. Find at least one blogger that will guest blog for me and I can guest blog for them.


Fini

John The Captain Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swimming in the Dark by Tomasz Jedrowski (book review)

A fantastic debut novel with beautiful intimite writing that will completely envelop you ... source Tomasz Jedrowski takes an inte...