Monday 4 December 2017

From Aardvarks Anoraks to Zebus Wet-suits (Thing 11)

Everything is on the internet

About me - John Cunningham Ryan

I've had a social media presence for over a decade at this stage, I had a Bebo account and since 2009 a Facebook account, I was very sick that winter and out of work so started playing Scrabble with people all over the World.  For me the 9 months of sickness was brightened up by Facebook and being able to connect with people from all over the World, at different times of the day and night.  There was a lady from California I regularly played Scrabble with, she only had a short window in the evening (her time) when the kids were eventually got to bed and for me I was awake all night so it made no difference. 

This was before businesses were using social media and the likes of LinkedIn.  I used to help run an LGBT social night in the mid naughties and remember promoting on Bebo and sharing photos.  How time flies, now the internet and social media is a huge promotional machine for everything from aardvarks anoraks to zebus wet-suits.  Every person, their dog, business, favorite hobby, pastime, TV series and book has it's own stand alone social media and internet presence.

In Thing 10 I set up my own LinkedIn account and am just learning about it.  One of the tasks in Thing 11 was to write your own bio.  I've done this and updated all my social media and presence on the internet with it.  I've even added a note on my Facebook account with my bio but as my Facebook account is strictly for friends only. this limits the exposure from Facebook.  I've filled in as much of this information as I can across the different platforms.  My bio is as follows:

John Cunningham-Ryan, aka John “The Captain” Ryan

Bio.
I’m 41, married since November 2016 and living in Wexford where I have lived most of my life. Since 2012, I have worked as a Library Assistant in Wexford County Council Public Library Service, prior to that I worked in different sections in Wexford County Council since the summer of 2001. I love working in the library service. I studied Business Studies (Hotel & Catering Management)at Athlone Institute of Technology & worked in many hotels, restaurants and even at a deli counter in a supermarket for 1995-2001.
I have worked for years with Wexford’s LGBT community and co managed the Equality Campaign in Wexford in 2015. Also since 2015 I have been a volunteer with the Wexworlds Festival; a sci-fi, fantasy, horror and gaming convention in Wexford. I am the Treasurer of Wexworlds. I started a blog in 2017, other hobbies include Scrabble, photography, reading and building lego.
John Cunningham-Ryan

That's me and my Thing 11

John The Captain Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swimming in the Dark by Tomasz Jedrowski (book review)

A fantastic debut novel with beautiful intimite writing that will completely envelop you ... source Tomasz Jedrowski takes an inte...