Thursday 22 March 2018

Love, Simon (movie review)

I drove a round trip of 370 km to go see this movie yesterday.



I got to see the movie yesterday thanks to Corks RedFm and the Gate Cinema in Cork city. If you haven’t read the book, check out my review here.



The film is amazing, beautiful, powerful, funny, poignant and relate-able. If only this movie were out years ago, what a different world we would live in. I brought my hubby who doesn’t watch rom-coms and he loved it. There were tears, laughter and joy. We left the movie theatre holding hands. But, I just can’t put into words, let alone write a review until I have seen it again so instead, here is a tiny snapshot of what the Twitter-verse is saying. Did you make the list?

Orion Corloto hits the nail on the head @orionnichole


Just like Love, Ari, I want everyone to see the movie too. Seriously, don't be tempted to download it, pay to see it and show the studios we need these types of movies @FinalJudgement


 Well Done Anthony @anthony_pichacz


As the tagline goes, everyone deserves a love story and love wins always Anthony @AndrewGhai


It's such an empowering movie and book, well done Logan @LoganBallge


Thanks and hopes to all the community from Josh @JoshRadwell 


I agree, it means so much, but on top of that, it's a brilliant story with amazing actors and a fab soundtrack. @PJandThomas


And it wasn't a halfhearted snog either. Glad to find another Paddy. @greenwordsmith


Beautiful is one of the most used words to describe the movie Justin. @JustinCrumpler7


Life changing doesn't even describe it. Congrats Kai @marvelusholland


After beautiful, important representation is the next most popular comment, thanks Jill @amesLy30


You go girl @_catwashere


One of my fave quotes from the show and probably the most relate-able for people when they come out. Kudos Zach. @zach_craymer 


Yep, I agree with you Johaunna, great writing and acting @johaunna37


For me, watching the movie reinvigorates me to continue the fight so, yes, the excitement and empowerment for older gay people is immense. @OvaThrone


Energy, Joy & Life. Hell ya! @MarleyTeter


Again, one of my fave quotes. @TheRobSandlin


We cannot thank Becky enough for this awesome story. (ps Ryan, I'm a Ryan by surname) @rantryan


And finally, this is an amazing sentiment and if anyone cannot afford a ticket let me know also. Huge shout out to Danielle and all the others offering the same. @DanielleRogland



The more I think about it, I don't need to write a review, these tweets cover it all. See it. See it again. Buy a ticket for someone who cannot afford it. Tell everyone about it.

Without a shadow of a doubt this movie gets 10 out of 10 planets.





John the Captain Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swimming in the Dark by Tomasz Jedrowski (book review)

A fantastic debut novel with beautiful intimite writing that will completely envelop you ... source Tomasz Jedrowski takes an inte...